Does your criminal conviction bar you from employment in a field of your choice?
Need help to apply for a Certificate of Qualification for Employment?
University of Akron School of Law
150 University Ave., Akron
Saturday June 22nd
10am - Noon
THE FIRST 50 APPLICANTS WILL BE ASSISTED
YOU MUST BRING ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW
- The login information (e-mail address and password) for your e-mail account. Note: If you need to sign up for an e-mail account, please visit http://www.gmail.com to do so before attending the clinic. All Akron public library branches and The University of Akron School of Law Library offer free computer and internet access that you can use to sign up for an e-mail address.
- Your social security number.
- If you're trying to get an occupational license, the name of the licensing board.
- Information (year, offense, county of conviction) about every criminal offense you have been convicted of or have pled guilty to. Note: We cannot help you at the clinic if you have any pending criminal charges.
- The name, address, and phone number of each of your employers for the past 5 years and the dates that you worked there.
- The first and last name, address, and phone number for three references.
- The first and last name, address, and phone number for three immediate family members or other persons that you have a close relationship with that are different from your three references.
- Any documents related to the job or vocational license you're trying to get including proof that you are unable to get the job or license because of your criminal offense.
- Why should the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections grant you a CQE?
- How will a CQE help you get a job or occupational license?
- Why do you have a substantial need for a CQE in order to live a law-abiding life?
- Why will granting you a CQE not pose an unreasonable risk to the safety of the public or any individual?