AARP and Walgreen’s Wellness Tour
Day: September 15, 2010
Time: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Akron Urban League
440 Vernon Odom Blvd.
Akron, Ohio 44307
Eligibility: Anyone 18 and over is welcome to have their screenings completed
Documents Needed: None
Screenings Available: Blood Pressure Screening, BMI/Body Composition Screening, Bone Mineral Density Tests, Cholesterol/Triglycerides Tests, Diabetes Screening
About the Six Free Health Screenings
Provided by AARP/Walgreens Wellness Tour
• Total Cholesterol Levels - Screenings raise awareness of high blood cholesterol as a risk factor for coronary heart disease, the first step toward modifying lifestyle to reduce risk.
• Blood Pressure - High blood pressure is one of the most common chronic conditions in adults; however, people with high blood pressure usually don't have symptoms, so they often don't know that they have it until it is measured.
• Bone Density - Bone density testing is a valuable tool in the diagnosis of osteoporosis and is a fairly accurate predictor of a person’s risk of fractures.
• Glucose Levels - Blood glucose testing is used to screen healthy individuals for diabetes and pre-diabetes because diabetes is a common disease that begins with few symptoms.
• Waist Circumference, Body Composition/Body Mass Index - The nation's scales are going up. Therefore raising public awareness about the problem of obesity and the risk of excess weight is critical.
Walgreen Wellness Tour
8 months ago