CSEA Plans Community Outreach Activities
August is Child Support Awareness Month in the state of Ohio. In celebration, the Prosecutor’s Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) will be out in the community with informational booths, a special one-day event focusing on building parental relationships, and a new and expanded paternity establishment program.
Child Support Enforcement Agency staff will have informational booths set up at the following locations during the month of August:
• Wednesday, August 4 from 9am-4pm at Akron Metro Regional Transit Authority Downtown Transit Center – Community Room, 631 South Broadway Street, Akron, OH
• Wednesday, August 11 from 9am-4pm at Akron-Summit County Public Library Main Branch, 60 South High Street, Akron, OH
• Wednesday, August 18 from 9am-4pm at the Fairlawn Branch of the Akron Public Library, 1301 Smith Road, Akron, OH
• Friday, August 20 from 12pm-3pm at Barberton Public Library, 602 West Park Avenue, Barberton, OH
• Wednesday, August 25 from 12:30pm-3:30pm at Akron Urban League, 440 Vernon Odom Boulevard, Akron, OH
On Saturday, August 14 from 8:00am to 4:00pm, CSEA will host an event entitled Building Firm Foundations for Your Children at the Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority (AMHA), 100 West Cedar Street, Akron, Ohio 44307.
At this one-stop service event, parents and caretakers will be able to establish paternity with on-site genetic (DNA) testing or voluntary paternity acknowledgements, establish child support and medical support orders with hearing officers and court staff on-site, get information about visitation and mediation services, and connect with fatherhood initiative programs.
This event is being held in partnership with the Summit County Domestic Relations Court, Summit County Juvenile Court, the Summit County CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children) program, Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority, Fathers and Sons of Northeast Ohio, and Fame Fathers.
More information about Building Firm Foundations is available on our website at www.co.summit.oh.us/prosecutor/childsupp.htm.