What: Akron Lawyers’ Free Advice Clinic
A free, walk-in clinic for residents of Summit County. Volunteer lawyers who are members of the Akron Bar Association will be on site to provide free, legal advice. Representatives from the following community agencies will also be on site (as of 04/20/10) to provide assistance as needed:
• Akron Bar Association Lawyer Referral Line
• Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority (AMHA)
• Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA)
• Community Legal Aid
• Department of Job and Family Services (DJFS)
• Haven of Rest
• Mature Services
• Open M
• Social Security Administration (SSA)
• Summit County Office of Consumer Affairs (OCA)
• The University of Akron School of Law
• United Way 211 Help Line
When: Monday, May 3, 2010 from 9 a.m-12 p.m. and 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
Where: The Job Center located at 1040 E. Tallmadge Ave. Akron, OH 44310
Registration: No registration necessary. This is a walk-in clinic. Clients may arrive starting at 8:30 a.m.
Questions?: Call the Volunteer Legal Services Program at 877-401-0088
Low-income individuals with a legal problem should call the Community Legal Aid HelpLine at 1-800-998-9454 or visit www.communitylegalaid.org.