Minneapolis-based Amby is cooperating with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which said the Motion Bed's side-to-side shifting and tilting can cause an infant to roll out. Babies could then can get trapped in the hammock's fabric or mattress pad, resulting in possible suffocation.
The CPSC said Amby Baby is aware that the bed, caused the death of a 4-month old girl in Lawrenceville, Ga. and a 5-month-old boy in Gresham, Ore. this summer.
There is only one model of the hammock, which has been sold on the company's Web site and other online retailers between January 2003 and October 2009 for $250
The CPSC said consumers should stop using the bed immediately and contact Amby Baby USA for a free repair kit at 866-544-9721.